Harriet the Spy

Monday, October 17, 2005

The sounds of my apartment building....

I am very sensitive to noise--hence, why I prefer to live alone rather than with a roommate. When I first moved into my apartment building, it was like heaven. Nice, quiet neighbors...no noise....perfect place to study. When my building converted to condos last year, things changed a bit. People bought units and decided to remodel them. During exams, conveniently. I figured this would be temporary, and for the most part it was. Lately, though, there are a few things that are just driving me up the wall. First off, there is the neighbor who likes to play this one particularly repetitive dance-music song every morning, over and over and over again. This has been going on for a good two weeks now. The same fucking song. Again. And again. And again. I can't figure out exactly where it is coming from, which I guess is a good thing for the neighbor, because if I could, they would regret they ever heard that song. Now, apparently I have another neighbor who either has a baby or a very loud, insistent cat. I get to enjoy the crying noise of this whatever-it-is every evening. Fortunately, my walls are actually pretty good at blocking out noises. The walls in my boyfriend's old place were a lot worse. Still, I find it incredibly distracting and annoying. Perhaps I should play the "Numa Numa" song for my neighbors' pleasure a few times before I go to bed from now on. Grrr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home