Harriet the Spy

Monday, October 17, 2005

Apparently, Emeril thinks we take onions for granted....

...he's probably right.

So, needless to say, I'm hopelessly bored. Chad left town today and I had my MPRE review class, which was rather torturous. Imagine 4.5 hours of filling in the blanks on a handout while listening to a woman on a videotape. Kind of like Mad Libs....but not fun. Instead of coming home afterward and doing something productive like studying, preparing for class, or attempting to make some headway with my overflowing laundry basket, I decided to vegetate on the couch instead. Both Desperate Housewives and Curb Your Enthusiasm were disappointing tonight, so now I've flipped over to my old standby, the Food Network. Unwrapped just finished a program on the Easy Bake Oven. I never had one as a child and now I feel an overwhelming desire to own one. Apparently someone published a cookbook featuring actual recipes you can prepare with the Easy Bake Oven. Who'd have thunk it? And now Emeril is on exalting the joys of onions. Yuck. Only for "flavor" or carmelized, folks. Don't let him brainwash you!

Addendum: Emeril says Americans consume 20 lbs. of onions per year. No way, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home