Harriet the Spy

Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy October!

I love October in Miami.....still warm, but there are the occasional days, like today, where the sun is shining and the humidity subsides for a bit. It may be time to pull out my hammock again after our long, hot, dismal summer. People have started putting up their halloween decorations already and I was quite amused by a few displays that I saw today on the way to school. A lot of people in Coral Gables have been left with knarled stumps of Banyan trees in their yards thanks to Hurricane Katrina and one particular yard took advantage of the creepy stumps to hang decorations on. Way to make lemonade out of lemons, folks. Maybe I'll take a picture for you readers later today. Fantasy Fest is coming up in just a few short weeks and that's always one of my favorite events. (Though I still don't have a costume idea yet--$20 to anyone who suggests a great costume that I wind up wearing!) It's hard to believe that this will be my 7th Fantasy Fest......it makes me feel a little old. No matter-- we should have a great group of guests this year (all FF virgins, if I recall correctly) and I am certainly looking forward to it.

For those of you where it gets cold--I'm sorry; For those of you in Miami--take some time to enjoy this lovely day today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home