Harriet the Spy

Thursday, October 13, 2005

I have a sneaking suspicion......

.....that I'm not going to do very well on my Con Law II exam. I can't seem to concentrate for more than about 15 minutes in this class. On top of that, Prof. Con Law has an attendance policy. I'm not crazy about those. Plus, I know of at least 2 occasions (including today...) on which he hasn't passed around the attendance sheet. Now, I know, I know, it is a Jewish holiday.....but, what about my personal holidays? Anyone know if 'ol Prof. Con Law actually counts your absences at any point?

In other news, I went to see Henry Rollins' spoken word show last night. Henry was great (as usual), but conditions at the theater left a lot to be desired. It felt like they decided to leave the A/C off for the entire show, and then when the show was over, I don't think they opened the exit doors for a full 5 minutes. I wound up climbing over the seats to get out. (Unfortunately for the exit, I had a great ticket down front.....I should have just lied to security and told them I needed the emergency exit because I was incredibly clausterphobic). Anyway, if you get a chance to see Mr. Rollins, I definitely recommend it. Hot topics from yesterday evening included: vomiting in the 'people's toilet' on the Trans-Siberian Express, his USO tours in Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan, etc, Spina Bifida boy and lecturing a 19-yr-old beggar, and of course, our fearless leader's command of the English language. Favorite quote from the evening: "We're all going to die, I just hope not of mediocrity!"

3 Comments:

  • profs are way too lazy to count absences. i think they make the secretaries do it.

    By Blogger some guy, at 5:58 PM  

  • hey i linked to you on my blog. so how about if you link to me?

    By Blogger some guy, at 6:04 PM  

  • If you have a certain conlaw 2 prof, then paying attention is unnecessary. He makes up the law as he goes.

    By Blogger King of the Cats, at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home