Harriet the Spy

Friday, July 08, 2005

No need to worry about that little hurricane, folks, mmm'kay?

So of course I have been listening to the Hurricane Dennis coverage like all the other schmucks in South Florida (and hoping and praying that UM closes tomorrow so I don't have to go to class and take a quiz). In the course of doing so, the news stations have been speaking regularly with Max Mayfield, the Deputy Director of the National Hurricane Center. Now, I'm sure Max is a swell guy, and probably pretty bright.....but he sounds like an inbred idiot. In fact, he sounds a heck of a lot like Mr. Mackey from South Park. Don't believe me? Take a listen.

Anyway, things haven't gotten too bad here yet. We had two or three bands that were kind of exciting, but they moved through fairly quickly. I did see some transformers sparking, though, which was pretty cool. Weather is kind of fun when you're nice and dry inside and have power and water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home