Harriet the Spy

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

From the Redneck Riviera...

...also known as my boyfriend's hometown, and a stone's throw from mine:

Man Charged With Stealing Wi-Fi Signal

Honestly, if the "offender" was parked outside this guy's house in an SUV, then he probably deserved to get caught. However, I think the signal owner was asking for trouble leaving his network unprotected. And if he isn't bright enough to figure out how to password protect his signal, then his stupidity shouldn't be the court's problem.

Just my humble opinion....(and yes, my wifi signal is encrypted AND unbroadcasted!)

1 Comments:

  • Is it a faux pas to comment on your own blog?

    Eh....anyway, I was thinking about this a little bit more, and I've been wondering if the signal owner was baiting the guy. I mean, you would think if he wasn't saavy enough to protect his signal, then how could he know for sure that the other guy was stealing it? Maybe I'm giving the guy too much credit. He is from St. Pete after all...

    By Blogger JB, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home