Harriet the Spy

Saturday, June 04, 2005

It's coming.....but when???

Dear Coca-Cola Company:

It's June. I'm waiting. Your press release clearly stated that Coca-Cola Zero would be launched in June. Where is it?

Waiting with baited breath,

jb


Explanation for the uninitiated:

I've never really been extremely partial to any soft drink--frankly, the bubbles bother me. However, last summer I became enamored with "Coca-Cola Light." Our summer romance was short lived, but I vowed one day that I would return to Europe to claim my dear Coca Light. Alas, weeks turned into months and I attempted to satiate my craving with the similarly formulated yet somewhat inferior Mexican Coca Light. (I got several strange looks when I lugged my shopping bag full of Coke home from Mexico this past spring break). Well, it appears that perhaps my darling Coca Light has found me here in America--cleverly disguised as "Coca-Cola Zero." Like my Mexican Coca Light, it is sweetened with both aspartame and acesulfame potassium, giving it that delicious real Coca-Cola flavor without all those pesky calories. I can only hope that Coca Cola Zero can fill the emptiness in my soul and the longing that I have been feeling since being torn away from dear Coca Light. Only time will tell. (And please, don't you dare suggest anything about that vile, vile beverage "diet coke." Blech.)

1 Comments:

  • It was not only the Czech Coke, but the Greek, Italian and Spanish Coke as well....genocide victims, crack, whatever....it's all the same. So very, very delicious. And, just as an update, they were giving away free bottles of it at the Bucs' Fan Day this weekend and Chad picked one up for me....three cheers for Chad!

    By Blogger JB, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home