Harriet the Spy

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Michael Bolton, Time Off, and dealing with Stupid People...

So you're probably wondering what these things all have to do with one another, huh? Well, nothing really.....I just haven't posted to this thing in a few days and need to catch up a little.

That said, I will address my points in true lawyerly fashion:

1. Michael Bolton: It's funny how hearing a song you haven't heard in a while will bring back memories. Sometimes not necessarily welcome memories. Well, lately my apartment building has been playing Michael Bolton non-stop in our lobby. I used to be quite the Michael Bolton fan when I was in fifth grade. (Yes, I know what you're thinking, and yes, you are right.....I was a total dork). I saw the Time, Love and Tenderness tour and by god I have the t-shirt to prove it. Hearing "Steel Bars" or some other such awful song brings me back to a place that I really don't want to go, however. I quite like the place that I am at in life right now (for the most part, anyway) and everytime I go to get my mail I am reminded of the goofy 11 year old that I once was. I don't appreciate it. So, Da Vinci apartment building manager, if you're reading this, please put the Gipsy Kings CD back on so I can check my mail again. Thanks.

2. Time Off: Thank god for that. Went to Jekyll Island, GA for the first time earlier this week courtesy of the always-thoughtful Stu and had a fantastic time. Am currently at Chad's place in the Keys where we will be joined by some of our fabulous friends this weekend for a little R&R. Planning on going out to the Looe Key reef on Saturday, so pray for good weather and well-maintained boat engines for us. If there are no posts here by next Tuesday, please alert the coast guard. Thanks.

3. Stupid people: Today's winners include Bank of America for cancelling my debit card for "suspicious activity" that I explained entirely to them (thereby forcing me to have to go to a banking center if I want any cash). UM Law comes in a close second for details I won't get into at this point. Argh. I can't deal with the frustration anymore, so I'll just leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home