Harriet the Spy

Friday, May 27, 2005

My first Jai Alai injury....

And no, losing money doesn't count.

Went over to Jai Alai yesterday and caught the end of the matinee, which mom enjoyed very much, as did I--especially because we both won twice. I think I pocketed around $40, so it was definitely a good day. I figured that if I could consistently win $40 for 2 hours of "work," 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, this "summer job search" would become a whole lot less pressing.

Afterwards we met up with Stuart for dinner and then headed back over to the Fronton for our Jai Alai lesson. I must say that I was much improved over the last time we went on the court, and Chad even moreso. Perhaps if the whole filmmaker-by-day, sommelier-by-night gig doesn't work out for Chad, there may be a spot for him on the Ft. Pierce roster after all. I also got my first Jai Alai injury, courtesy of mom. While I was fiddling with my camera and not paying attention, she lobbed a wild one at the wall that wound up making contact with my left ring finger. It doesn't look so bad right now, but it was a little uglier last night. Don't worry--I'll live.

In other news, I must give a plug to my current favorite ass-fattening treat, delicious cheesecake ice cream with blueberries and pie crust mixed in from Coldstone Creamery. Apparently there is one opening in the Gables soon....good news for my mouth, bad news for my thighs. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home