Harriet the Spy

Thursday, May 12, 2005

What a day.....

Yesterday was something else. I had my four hour family law exam which was tons of fun. It was preceeded by yet another event that will remain in my memory the next time UM, or more specifically UM Law, calls me for a donation. I pay a lot of money to go to school at UM. I'm really not a leach of their facilities--as a matter of fact, I try to be there as little as possible. But, when I do desperately need to use something that my tuition pays for, I would appreciate it if it would fucking work! I had to print my outline and Florida Statutes for the exam, since we were allowed to use these on the test, so I showed up about 30 minutes early to go to the library and do just that. We have multiple printers at the law library--at least one on every floor if I am correct. Well, yesterday, during arguably the most important and stressful part of the year--exam time--the third floor printer was jammed, the second floor printer was offline, and the first floor printer was taking its good 'ol time printing someone's 100 page law review article front and back. Did I dare wait until my stuff decided to come out of the first floor printer? No, I ran over to the undergrad library and printed it there. Thanks to the efficiency of the UM law library, I showed up to the test at exactly 1pm. Grrr.

On a lighter note, after the exam was Chad's graduation dinner at Blue Door. Blue Door is at the Delano hotel, which apparently is one of the many South Beach hot spots where the "beautiful people" hang out. (And, if we were to believe our waiter, we were "beautiful" too...). The ambience of the restaurant was very interesting--sort of Haunted Mansion-esque, with long, flowing curtains, and fur covered couches. The place just screamed "orgy." The food was decent, too, but I was a little disappointed in my entree. My appetizer, the "crabavocat" was super, but my "marou cajou" (that's pretention-speak for black grouper in a brown butter sauce) was a little dry and the sauce a little on the salty side. Dessert made up for it, though. Overall, it was a very enjoyable evening and I think Chad really enjoyed his gifts. And my new Betsey Johnson dress was pretty hot too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home