Harriet the Spy

Monday, May 09, 2005

I honked my horn in traffic today...

...and it felt good.

There are few things I hate more than driving in Miami. If you've ever spent any time here, I think you know what I mean. It seems like no one ever knows where they are going and they're certainly not in a hurry to get there. They play by different rules down here, too. Like, the rule where if you need to make a left turn, it's OK for 3 cars to run the red light in order to do it. It boils my blood.

Today I was following a red Miata in traffic. The people in the Miata were apparently tourists, since they felt the need to drive really slowly in the left lane. They also took their damn time to notice when lights turned green. I hate these people. I hate them almost as much as I hate the milfs who aren't paying attention because they're blabbing on their cell phone or yelling at their three brats in the back seat. I realize that they are on vacation--however, I am not and do not appreciate them getting in my way. Normally, I go around these people, which I did today. Yet, somehow, they managed to get back in front of me and resume their crawl down the road. So I tailed them and gave 'em a nice double-honk when they tried to stop and make a left turn in the middle of an intersection that had a separate turning lane. Welcome to Miami, fuckers.

I think I'm really beginning to understand road rage now. When you hear about people that attempt to shoot others in traffic, you automatically think they're nuts, right? Well, before you get up on your high horse, I suggest you spend a little time in Miami--trust me, you'll empathize. If you're down here long enough, you may even be able to empathize with OJ. Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home