Harriet the Spy

Monday, June 13, 2005

The ultimate in instant gratification....

Usually I don't have much good to say about Comcast, especially since they're like 2 years behind other companies like Brighthouse in rolling out new services, but I must say that I was surprised to find that I now have "on demand" service. My "guide" screen has had an "on demand" channel for about a month now, but whenever I clicked on it, nothing happened. Well, I guess Comcast has finally worked out the kinks, and it's pretty darn cool. If you subscribe to a premium channel, you get all of that channel's on demand programming for free. Plus, they have a bunch of other random programming like guitar lessons (also free) and "Dating on Demand" (Ok, that's a little weird...). And the best part about all this--I get to start and stop it whenever I want! Don't feel like hearing anymore about the Michael Jackson verdict? Click--movie time! Don't care that Katie Holmes is converting to Scientology? Click--Sopranos episode! Tired of trying to come up with something clever for the blog? Click--cooking show! I'll be watching TV if you need me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home