Harriet the Spy

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!

I haven't really been all that impressed with Hollywood's movie selection as of late, but there are a few films coming out soon that I'm actually interested in seeing. First off, if you haven't seen it already, Thank You For Smoking was excellent. I saw it at the Miami International Film Festival down here, but it's in wide release now and should be playing just about everywhere. For a first time director, I think Jason Reitman did a teriffic job (though he probably has a few people he can turn to when he needs a favor or has a question). Also soon to be released is Art School Confidential, based on a graphic novel by the same artist who wrote Ghostworld. (Chad actually made a silkscreen of one of the panels from the book, but that's another story for another day...). Anyway, it looks interesting and a little different from the other crap playing now. And finally, I'm also interested in checking out Hoot. Yeah, I know this is a kids movie, but it's based on a Carl Hiassen book and it's set and filmed mostly in Florida, so it holds some other interest for me besides the plot. I love to try and figure out where they shot certain things, and it looks like a lot of it was actually shot in the Keys. Not that I will really have much time to see any movies in the next couple of weeks, but these are on my radar and should be on yours too!

1 Comments:

  • I added the first two to my netflix queue. Thanks for the suggestion. If I can make one to you, An Inconvenient Truth seems pretty unique and interesting.

    By Blogger Jason Lancaster, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home