Harriet the Spy

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Is this really an appropriate toy for a kids' meal?

I drove through Chick-Fil-A yesterday for a late lunch and I ordered a 4 pack kids nugget meal. I almost always order off the kids menu, because (1) I really don't need 8 nuggets and medium fries, and (2) it's way cheaper. Like by half. Anyway, if you order off the kids menu, you get a fun little prize in your bag. Sometimes, the prizes are pretty good. I collected all four foreign language CD's (Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Russian, if you must know.....and yes, I did listen to them). The prize yesterday left me scratching my head, though. It was a "Between the Lions" bookmark with a magnifying glass at the top. Seriously, whose idea was this? I mean, if you're old enough to read, but young enough to still be ordering off the kids menu (myself excepted), should you really need a MAGNIFYING GLASS to be able to see what you're reading?!? Maybe they're catching on to the fact that it isn't just the 5-9 year-old-group that's ordering off the kids menu these days....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home